Our Sutter Home Sweet Riesling Shrunk’in Head Apple Punch is a Real Scream
Wine Varietal: Sweet Riesling
This year, make Halloween a whole lot sweeter by conjuring up our Shrunk’in Head Apple Punch. This frightful and delightful recipe gives new meaning to the word headhunter!
Shrunk’in Head Apple Punch
- 1 bottle Sutter Home Sweet Riesling
- ¾ gallon Apple Cider
- 6 small apples, peeled
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole anise stars
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Using a melon baller and a sharp paring knife, carve little faces into each apple half. Try to mix up the design of the faces to get unique shapes! Then, cut each apple in half.
- Place the carved apples on a baking sheet and bake for about 4 hours, until apples have shrunken and shriveled significantly. Allow to cool for about 1 hour.
- Heat Sutter Home Sweet Riesling and apple cider in a large pot on medium-high heat. Once steaming, add the cinnamon sticks and star anise pods and remove from the heat to steep the spices until ready to serve.
- Place the spiced apple cider into a large serving bowl or punch bowl, then float the shrunken head apples on top and serve. Cider can be enjoyed warm or cold.