Lemon Yogurt Cake: Summertime and the Treating is Easy
Welcome summer home with this recipe for Lemon Yogurt Cake, fresh from our Sutter Home Kitchen Series. No one can resist this zesty, lemony, yogurty, de-light-fully fluffy treat that pairs perfectly with morning coffee, and delicious afternoons with Pinot Grigio. To top it all off, add fresh berries and whipped cream. Take a bite out of summer with our Lemon Yogurt Cake.
How to prepare.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 2 cups lemon yogurt (do not use non-fat yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder
- In a bowl, beat eggs, then add sugar and butter and beat until fluffy
- Mix the lemon juice with the yogurt
- Add the flour to egg and sugar mixture alternately with the lemon yogurt mixture, ending with yogurt
- Spoon into prepared Bundt pan and bake at 325° for 50 to 60 minutes
- Cool briefly in pan, about 15 or so minutes, then turn out on rack and cool completely before slicing.
Serves 12 to 24 slices.