Have Your Cake and Be Gluten Free, Too!
Tags: recipe, Sutter Home Kitchen Series
If you enjoy a gluten, wheat free lifestyle, yet also enjoy the satisfaction of treating yourself and your guests to a dreamy dessert with ultra rich decadent taste — this Flourless Chocolate Cake will rise to the top of your must bake list.
It’s as creamy, crumbly, and moist as it is dense with deep, intense chocolate taste — it satisfies cravings you didn’t even know you had, without sacrificing your gluten free lifestyle.
And if it’s true that we eat with our nose first, this Flourless Chocolate Cake will have you in total bliss, even before the first bite. That’s because, chef (name), from our Sutter Home Kitchen has created a fresh, oven-baked recipe, which fills your home with a outrageous aroma that’s out of this world.
Oh, we almost forgot, be sure to top off your Flourless Chocolate Cake with some fluffy whip cream. Now just pair with the pe rfect wine and share. Try our Sutter Home Cabernet or Merlot. Both perfectly complement the rich, rewarding taste of this Flourless Chocolate Cake.
All the Ingredients:
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 12 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- Confectioners’ sugar and/or cocoa powder for dusting
How to Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 9” spring form pan with nonstick spray.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until light and thickened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Fold melted chocolate into the whipped eggs and sugar until evenly combined.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for about 1 hour and 25 minutes. (Note: When ready, an inserted toothpick will come out wet yet not gooey.)
- Remove from oven and let cool on a rack.
- When completely cooled, remove from spring form pan.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar or cocoa powder.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Smile endlessly with delight.