DIY Wrapping Paper: Make it as unique as the gifts you’re giving.
Looking to add a more personalized touch to your holiday gifts this year? Instead of store-bought paper, get ready to wrap and roll with a creative DIY design. Using a hand-carved potato or pencil eraser as a stamp, you can create a unique pattern—and thoughtful presentation—for this season’s presents. We should warn you, though: The end result might be too pretty to unwrap.
What You’ll Need:
- Potato, eraser or sponge
- Carving tools (for potato)
- Paint in your choice of colors
- Roll of craft paper or plain matte wrapping paper
- Potato stamps
- If using a potato, cut in half and carve a shape or design of your choice into the flat side.
- Lay paper flat and cut to desired size.
- Dip stamp (potato, eraser or sponge) into desired color.
- Press firmly onto paper. Don’t be afraid to get creative with the placement.
- Lay flat to dry.
- Wrap present for a charming, handmade look!