DIY: A Gratitude Jar for Giving Thanks
Throughout the year, we often get caught up in busy schedules and day-to-day stresses while taking the blessings in our life for granted. With Thanksgiving on the horizon, November is a great time to slow down and consider all the things we have to be thankful for.
This month, give your family the opportunity to express their appreciation for one another with a DIY Gratitude Jar. A quick and easy craft, this project allows everyone in your household to write down what they are thankful for throughout the month to be shared on Thanksgiving Day.
What You’ll Need:
- A large container (bigger mason jars or tin buckets work well)
- A small container
- Paper or card stock
- Several pens or markers
- Twine or ribbon
- Cut strips of paper/cardstock. Make sure they’re big enough to write messages on but small enough to fit in the large jar.
- Place the strips of paper in your smaller jar/container, along with a marker or two.
- Cut a tag/label out of the remaining paper/card stock and write “Gratitude Jar” or a message of your choosing on it. Use a hole punch or scissors to put a small hole in the top.
- Thread the twine through the hole and tie around the mouth of your large jar.
- Have family members write down what they are thankful for as often as they’d like, then have them place their messages in the large jar.
- On Thanksgiving, read your messages out loud after dinner to declare your gratitude for one another.