Chicken Caesar Skewers
Now that holiday season is here, we’ll all be hosting a few more get-togethers with family, friends, and neighbors than usual.
Yet, regardless of the season, it’s always a good idea to cook up a variety of dishes that every guest finds yummy comfort in. After all, if you were to ask just two people what they’re in the mood to eat, chances are they’ll both say something completely different.
CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD SKEWERS
For the Chicken –
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Sutter Home Chardonnay
- Sea salt
- black pepper
- Finely dice basil and remove dill from the stems and roughly chop.
- In a large food storage bag, combine basil, olive oil, dill, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, Sutter Home Chardonnay, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken and marinade for a few hours or overnight.
- Grill chicken over medium heat until cooked thoroughly, about 15 minutes.
- Remove to a plate and cover. Allow to rest until the chicken reaches room temperature.
- Cut chicken into 1/2” chunks.
For the Skewers –
- 24 grape tomatoes
- 24 chunks of romaine lettuce
- 24 small slices of parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Caesar dressing
- Assemble skewers by placing one chunk each of grilled chicken, romaine lettuce, parmesan, and a grape tomato on a small appetizer skewer.
- Serve alongside Caesar dressing for dipping.