A Season of Giving: The Best Holiday Ever
During the season of giving, we’re appreciating the small acts of kindness that make a big difference. Whether you spend time with a neighbor in need, donate food or toys, or even share a smile with a stranger, every little bit of kindness counts. Check out our ideas to make this holiday season the best yet for others:
- Share Your Time: With so much going on during the holidays, it can be tough to find spare time. Between shopping trips, family get-togethers, homemade meals, and all the prep in-between, time is one of the most precious things we spend. As your calendar fills up, reserve some time to share with members of the community. Whether it’s a visit to the senior center or volunteer time at a shelter, those couple of hours will warm the hearts of the people who need love most.
- Donate Unused Items: This is a win-win for any household in need of a little more room to grow. Take a moment to consider donating items that have collected dust through the months – maybe it’s unused toys that the kids have outgrown, a sweater that hasn’t left the closet in years, or necessities like kitchen items that haven’t gotten regular use. Every donation made brings a smile to someone’s face – even the employees at the donation center you’re supporting.
- Show Your Support: Little things can add up, whether you’re giving in your community or in the workplace. Sutter Home mini bottles are the perfect gift-giving item to show appreciation for your counterparts. Add a personal touch by selecting a wine that speaks to their personality, or even add a label to wish them happy holidays.
Here are a few other ways you can give back during the holidays—even if you’re short on time:
- Leave a cheerful note on a stranger’s windshield.
- Run errands for someone in need of a helping hand.
- Leave an extra tip at the restaurant or hair salon you frequent.
- Gift Sutter Home mini bottles to teachers, mail carriers, fire fighters, and more.
These simple acts are great ways to make someone’s holiday just a little bit brighter. How are you helping out this holiday season?
If you like this, you’ll also enjoy this Sutter Home Holiday Gift Guide.