25 Reasons Burgers Are Better with Wine
We’re celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Sutter Home Build a Better Burger Recipe Contest, but there’s no debating which beverage is best suited to burgers. Here’s why wine is better than all the rest!
1. Let us steer you in the right direction.
Take Strawberry BBQ Bacon Burgers beyond Grade A with a juicy Zinfandel.
2. Truly, beef burgers are prime for wine.
Well done again, Zinfandel! Pair this versatile varietal with The Heart & Seoul of Korea Burger.
3. And patties made from pork, too.
Pour Pinot Grigio with ‘Ono ‘Ohana Burgers and squeal with delight at such a brilliant pairing.
4. The other white meat Meet the other white wine.
Every bite of this Sour Apple Pork Burger is better while sipping on Chenin Blanc.
5. This little piggy goes to the market for red.
Say hello again to Zinfandel with Kansas City Barbeque Pork Combo Burgers.
6. Friends won’t cry fowl, “Where’s the beer”
Sauvignon Blanc with Herbed Chicken Walnut Cheeseburgers squashes squawking before it starts.
7. With wine, guests will gobble these burgers up.
Let’s talk turkey: Casablanca Bisteeya Burgers are best with a glass of Pinot Grigio.
8. In fact, they’ll flock to refill their wine glass.
Everyone will clamor for Indian Lamb Burgers with a glass of Merlot.
9. Wine + burgers They’ll be hooked.
Wine has a line on a backyard catch, like White Zinfandel and Lemon-Scented Salmon Burgers.
10. Sorry, Charlie. Wine is best for burgers!
Made with fresh tuna, island-inspired Barbados Burgers travel best with Sauvignon Blanc.
11. Veggie lovers will find the vine absolutely divine.
Meaty Portobello Burgers meet their match with a healthy pour of Pinot Noir.
12. Wine is the special sauce.
Some burger recipes, like Roman Burgers, even call for wine in the patty-making mix.
13. Yes, wine right inside the patties!
So good, inside and out, like this Après-Ski Triple Ginger Bacon Burger.
14. Or smoke your burgers with wine-barrel chips.
They’re made from aged Cabernet Sauvignon wine barrels.
15. Wine and cheese, of course. But wine and cheeseburgers too!
Embrace a tried-and-true duo, triply delicious with bacon for American Smokeshack Burgers.
16. Venture beyond cheddar.
Chorizo Beef Burgers stacked with Manchego or Jack Zinfandel comes out on top.
17. Go for Gruyere.
Merlot with Cranberry Ultimate Pork Burgers merits a gold medal for grilling brilliance.
18. One American classic calls for another.
Like burgers, Sutter Home White Zinfandel is an American classic. Created at our Napa Valley winery in 1975, it’s a wonderful wine with Chipotle Bacon Maple Jam Burgers.
19. But even a beloved, diner-inspired duo can do with some shaking up.
Pair a classic cheeseburger with a Pinot Noir Chocolate Milkshake. Yum!
20. Wine makes any burger better.
Piled high, like these Grilled Green Tomato Burgers, or simply dressed, wine elevates the plate.
21. Mini burgers Mini bottles!
Sliders, like Lucky Tiki Burgers, are perfectly sized for Sutter Home mini bottles.
22. Wine with burgers, there’s always a way.
These cocktail plates are designed for the perfect pairing. Try that with a bottle of beer!
23. Summer, fall, winter, spring – wine is always in season!
But summer’s the best. Sun’s out, buns out – bring the wine with Tidal Wave Butter Burgers.
24. And when it’s time for dessert, there’s still time for wine.
Last bite of burger and on to dessert Pair Moscato with a sweet treat, like Mini Cupcake Burgers.
25. Thanks to wine, building better burgers has never been easier!
And if you’ve found inspiration, be sure to enter your original burger recipe in this year’s contest!