Skirt Steak Wine Marinade: A Recipe for Savory Success
When it comes to cooking, a splash of wine and a dash of courage can lead to big-time flavor and a wonderful, savory meal for your guests. If meat is on the menu, a great marinade is the perfect way to go. With endless options and combinations, there’s no wrong or right – and everything you need can be found right in the pantry.
Grab some oil, herbs, spice, and a bottle of Sutter Home wine. It’s all you need for a one-of-a-kind meal you’ll be proud to serve at the dinner table. Just follow these simple steps to savory success:
- First, combine 1 cup of wine and ½ cup of your oil of choice.
- For lighter meats like chicken, choose a white wine.
- For steak, Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon is a great choice.
- When it all comes together, you should have enough liquid to submerge your steak or chicken.
- Once you’ve combined the wine and oil, add in one teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Then get creative with other herbs and spices of your choosing! Try garlic, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, or even curry or cinnamon. Herbs like thyme, rosemary, and oregano are great options, too. Adding about ½-1 teaspoon of each spice and herb should do the trick.
- Let the steak marinade for 2-4 hours, then prepare and serve! Send our compliments to the chef.
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like our Red Wine Cherry Preserves recipe: http://sutterhome.com/wine-and-life-blog/wine-and-food/spread-the-love-w....