Get Your Friends Together for This DIY Wine Cork Mobile
After a long, hard week, there’s no better way to unwind than with some crafts, wine, and girl time. In fact, getting together with friends has to be one of the best things in life — at least, we think so. Sharing stories, laughter, and a bottle of Sutter Home over a fun DIY project is an effortless way to channel your creativity while also fitting in quality time, relaxation, and a ton of fun in the process.
Our DIY Wine Cork Mobile is the perfect weekend project to do with friends, especially if you have quite a few wine corks left over from previous nights’ adventures. This elegant home decor accent piece is simple to put together and also showcases your love of Sutter Home. So bring your besties together to make a great project — and great memories, too.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Plated Screw Eyes (3/4" X 3-1/8” – can be found at your local hardware store)
- Jump Ring Connectors (can be found in the jewelry section at your local craft store)
- Wood Circle Plaque
- Wire, String or Ribbon
- Decorative Charms
- Hot Glue Gun
Here’s what to do:
- Once you’ve gathered your supplies, begin by inserting the plated screw eyes into the bottom of the wood plaque along the outside of the circle. Leave about 1-2 inches of space between each one.
- After your screw eyes are in place, you can start adding the corks under each one. Begin by screwing the screw eyes in each side of the cork.
- Use the jump ring connectors to connect the corks on each end.
- Now it’s time to add your personal touch! We cut the bottom sides of the corks and used the hot glue gun to add “Cheers!” and “Enjoy!” along the border of the wood plaque.
- We also added “love” heart charms to the bottom of the corks to spread the Sutter Home love.
- Lastly, tie your string or wire of choice to the top of your new Wine Cork Mobile and hang it in its new home.
If you like this, then try making our DIY Wine Glass Charms: http://www.sutterhome.com/wine-and-life-blog/entertaining/party-guests-w...