Planning the Perfect Party: Top 10 Tips!
The holiday season is definitely a busy time of year! Between all the shopping, wrapping and celebrating, hosting a party can be stressful. To help, we’ve laid out everything you’ll need to plan the perfect party… flawlessly!
Earlier this month, we shared a perfect party invitation, a few festive decoration ideas and provided some food and wine pairing recipe ideas. To take it a step further, we created 10 last-minute tips guaranteed to make your next party is a complete success!
1. Buy Food and Wine: Several days before the party, purchase everything you need so you can prep the food in advance. If you need help figuring out how much Sutter Home Wine you’ll need, follow this easy equation: (4 hour dinner party) + (8 guests) = 8 Sutter Home wine bottles of your choice.
2. Make Party Favors: Show your guests that you care by giving them a fun gift like holiday themed notecards, a simple small vase or even a decorated mini bottle.
3. Stash the Mess: If you don’t have time to deep clean your place, hide the clutter in decorative baskets or even toss everything into your bedroom or office and declare that room off limits.
4. Organize: Designate an area for coats and bags in a side room or coat closet. That way guests can have their hands free for wine and appetizers.
5. Décor It Up: The morning of your party, add fresh flowers to every room for a quick and easy face-lift to your place.
6. Set the Mood: Light a few candles and start up the tunes approximately 5-10 minutes before guests are scheduled to arrive. It will calm your nerves and set the mood.
7. Give ‘Em Options: Provide drink alternatives for people who cannot or choose not to consume alcohol during your party. (We like Fre Wines!) Add festive ginger ale, mixers and special garnishes to your bar for guests to mix and match.
8. Play Games: Keep guests entertained by suggesting a fun game or icebreaker so that guests who don’t know each other can mingle easily.
9. Be Prepared: Make sure you have a Sutter Home varietal for everyone’s liking—get a mixture of Red and White to please all your guests!
10. Have Fun: Last but not least, a party simply won’t be a party without bubbly drinks. Pop open a bottle of Sutter Home Bubbly Moscato to end the night!
Now that you know our secrets to a perfect party, put on your party dress, pour yourself a glass of wine, and wait for your party guests to arrive! Cheers!