Decorate on a Dime With DIY Wine Bottle Vases
“Out with the old, and in with the new.”
This time-honored saying rings true for many in the New Year, as we swap bad habits for better ones or clean out the clutter for a fresh start. And while new can be nice, don’t count the “old” out just yet — it might just need a bit of sprucing up. In the spirit of reusing and refreshing (while keeping those January budgets on track!), why not transform your empty Sutter Home wine bottles into stunning vases or centerpieces?
This fun and budget friendly DIY project is a great way to channel the season’s “new and improved” attitude while repurposing items you might already own. Using only hot glue and a bit of paint, you can create personalized, one-of-kind pieces that reflect your interior design style. Don’t have any empty wine bottles on hand? We can fix that! From deliciously dry reds to decadently sweet whites, there’s something for everyone at Sutter Home. Just be sure to round up a few friends to help empty those bottles before you get crafting!
What You’ll Need:
- Sutter Home Wine Bottles
- Hot Glue Gun or Crazy Glue
- Chalkboard Paint
- Paint Brush
- Isopropyl (Rubbing) Alcohol
- Chalk Sticks
What to Do to Create Your DIY Decorative Sutter Home Wine Bottles:
- Soak Sutter Home wine bottles in soapy water for 10-15 minutes, this will help loosen the wine labels.
- After you remove the wine labels or foil, use a scrub brush and rubbing alcohol to remove any leftover glue on the bottles.
- Once bottles dry, take a paintbrush and apply a thin layer of chalkboard paint to entire bottle. Applying two coats is suggested.
- Once chalkboard paint has dried, apply a thin layer of hot glue or crazy glue to the surface that you would like to cover with twine.
- Wrap twine around the bottle before the glue has settled.
- Add a small dab of glue to the end of the twine to prevent a loose end.
- Once the glue has dried, use chalkboard paint to decorate your wine bottles.
If you like this, then you’ll love this DIY wine bottle bird feeder: http://www.sutterhome.com/wine-and-life-blog/lifestyle/this-diy-bird-fee...