Wine Varietal: Chardonnay
Wisconsin is a Mid-Western state well known for Cheddar cheese, farming and dairy processing. The Wisconsin Cheddar Island is a burger that celebrates the farming mid-western lifestyles with a hearty blend of ground beef, bacon, Cheddar cheese and sour cream based 1000 Island dressing. The non traditional tangy 1000 Island and sharp Wisconsin Cheddar cut the rich fatty burger patty in a perfectly balanced marriage of Bun, Patty and toppings.
Sour Cream 1 cup
Eggs, Large, Hard Boiled (bought pre-cooked in deli), Chopped finely 2 ea
Parsley, Italian flat leaf, Washed, dried & chopped 1 TBS
Onion, yellow sweet, minced 1 small onion
Chili Sauce 2 – 3 TBS
Pickles, minced 2 small
Salt, kosher 1 TBS
Lemon Juice 2 TBS
Garlic, fresh, minced 1 clove
Chuck, Freshly ground 2#
Salt, kosher 1 TBS
Bacon (bought pre-cooked) 18 slices
Onions, Yellow Sweet, Cut into thin slices 1 small
Wisconsin Cheddar, sharp 12 slices
Kaiser Bun, Good Crusty Burger bun, cut in half to put a burger in the middle. 6 ea
Vegetable oil, Used for grill 1 TBS
1. Pre-Heat gas grill to medium-high.
2. To make the 1000 Island, fold the sour cream, chili sauce, minced garlic, parsley, onions, pickles, kosher salt, lemon juice and chopped eggs together. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
3. To make the patties, combine the chuck, salt in a large bowl, handling as little as possible and shape into 6 patties slightly larger than the buns. Place on a plate, loosely cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
4. When the grill is ready wipe the grill lightly with vegetable oil. Place the patties on the rack, close the grill and cook 5 – 7 minutes flip and cook an additional 5 – 7 minutes for medium. (Only flip the burgers once during the grilling and cook to your preference of doneness)
5. Place the buns cut side down on the perimeter of the grill for the last 2 minutes of grilling. Grill only until lightly browned.
6. Place 2 slices of cheddar cheese on top of each burger during the last minute of grilling.
7. To assemble the Wisconsin Cheddar Islands, spread the 1000 Island generously on each cut side of the buns. On each bottom, place a grilled patty, 2 thin slices of raw onions, 3 slices of Bacon, add the top and enjoy.