Wine Varietal: White Zinfandel
I love steak, burgers, and wine so why not
1 pound cleaned and sliced mushrooms
1 large sliced onion
4 tablespoons white zinfandel
3/4cup white zinfandel
1.5 pounds ground beef (85/15 fat content)
8 ounce beef tenderloin diced into 1/4 inch cubes
1/2 cup blue cheese
olive oil enough to lightly brush on buns
6 potato burger buns
1 pound thick cut bacon(cooked)
4 tablespoons butter
1 large egg
1.5 teaspoons garlic salt
1. in a large bowl mix the tenderloin cubes and 3 tablespoons of wine and let sit.
2. caramelize onions in 1 tablespoon wine(about 20 min).
3. saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoon butter.
4. combine onions and mushrooms in a separate small pot.(keep all the juices)
5.combine mushroom juice, onion juice, remaining butter, and 3/4 cup wine in a 2quart sauce pot and simmer to reduce. (to about half)
5. Mix ground beef,egg, garlic salt, and tenderloin in the bowl.
6. Split the meat mixture into 6 1/4 Pound patties.
7. Grill burgers until medium(135-145 degrees)
8 . lightly brush buns with olive oil and toast on grill.
9. place cooked pattie on bottom bun, top with bacon, onion, and mushrooms.
10. add crumbled blue cheese to reduced wine mixture and mix until well blended.
11. top burger with cheese mixture, bun and enjoy