Wine Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
2 roasted minced jalapenos (roasted black, steamed in a paper bag 10 minutes, peeled, seeds removed, minced)
12 slices of grilled bacon—about 6 inch slices
2 lbs hamburger
4 T Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp white pepper
½ tsp red pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
6 wheat buns—toasted
4 T bbq sauce, preferably Sweet Baby Rae’s
2 T Miracle Whip
6 slices of grilled fresh pineapple–cored and sliced ¼ inch
6 slices of sweet onion—sliced ¼ inch
6 slices of mozzarella cheese—sliced ¼ inch
Preheat grill to medium high heat
1. To roast the jalapenos: After the jalapeno skins are blackened, place inside a paper bag and steam for 10 minutes, peel the skin, and remove the seeds. Mince. (Best to use gloves)
2. To grill the bacon: slice into 6 inch lengths, set the bacon in tinfoil and set on the grill until bacon reaches desired crispness.
3. To make the patty: Combine the hamburger and Worcestershire sauce—let set 2-3 minutes. Then add spices. Add the roasted minced jalapeno and mix thoroughly. Divide into 6 patties (about 1/3 lb each). Pound each into a dense patty in your hands. Patty should be thick (3/4 inch) and round to maintain juiciness. Grill 6 minutes per side. Add a slice of mozzarella at the last 2 minutes to melt.
4. To toast the buns: Grill for 2-3 minutes to attain crispness desired.
5. To make the sauce: Combine the bbq sauce and the mayonnaise and mix until homogeneous.
6. To grill the pineapple: Grill for 2-5 minutes on each side (long enough to attain grill marks and warm through the slices).
To assemble the burger: 1 spoonful of sauce should be spread on each of the top and bottom buns. The bottom bun should be layered with a slice of onion and slice of grilled pineapple. The hamburger with melted cheese set on top, followed by two slices of bacon and the top bun. Enjoy!