RECIPES: Recipe Details
Z's Home Made Burgers
Simply to make a better tasting hamburger than I've ever had before...
2 pounds 85/15 ground beef
2 T Lawry's Seasoned Salt
2 T McCormick California Style Garlic Pepper (w/ Red Bell & Black Pepper)
2 T Bob's Red Mill Whole Ground Flax Seed Meal
1 T Carapelli Extra Light Olive Oil
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
6-8 Hamburger Buns
Condiments as needed or desired (Ketchup, Mustard, Brown/Spicy Mustard, Red Onions, Sliced Pickles, Relish, etc.)
1. In a large mixing bowl add the ground beef, Lawry's, Garlic Pepper, Flax Seed, Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper. Mix with hands until well blended.
2. Roll ground beef into six (6) meatballs of about equal size. (This will make 1/3 lb. burgers. Eight (8) meatballs for 1/4 burgers.)
3. In the palm of your hand flatten each meatball into a flat, even patty. (Be sure to make the patty bigger than the buns you are using since they will shrink when grilled.) Poke a hole in the center of the patty with your finger.
4. Preheat gas grill on high.
5. Add burgers to grill reducing heat to medium.
6. Grill as desired. (Should only have to flip once!)
5-6 minutes each side -- Medium Rare
6-7 minutes each side -- Medium
7-8 minutes each side -- Well Done
7. Serve on bun with your favorite condiments.
Your favorite condiments are necessary to make this burger taste good to you, but go easy! Smothering this burger with condiments will mask the unique flavor of the meat.