RECIPES: Recipe Details
The Hollandaise Breakfast Burger
My island style eggs benedict is not just for breakfast anymore. With a few modifications, it
3 lbs ground sirloin
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
6 english muffins
1 California avocado, sliced
2 egg yolks
6 TBs fresh lime juice
1 cup butter
1. In a large bowl, mix sirloin, garlic, salt and pepper. Separate into six equal portions and form into patties. Grill 7 min each side over medium-high heat for medium done burger.
2. Lightly toast english muffins.
3. In saute pan, fry eggs as desired. Recommended: over easy
4. On english muffin, layer cooked patty, cooked egg and avocado.
5. In a small pot, whisk egg yolk, add lime juice, mix well. Over med heat, stirring constantly, add 1/2 cup butter until melted. Add final 1/2 cup butter, stirring constantly, allowing sauce to thicken without curdling the eggs. Spoon immediately onto burgers.
Perfectly fattening. Perfectly delicious.