RECIPES: Recipe Details
The Blue Agave Burger
This burger represents the southwest in many different ways. It has fire, spice, sweetness and crunch. It has two different ingredients derived from cactus and nothing represents Arizona like the cactus. I also think that it is an original that speaks volume about the southwest's flare and creativity!
2.25 lb of 80/20 ground beef
1/4 lb of beef chorizo
3 oz of chipotle peppers
2 green onions chopped
1 large jalapeno fresh seeded and sliced into 1/8 in circle
1/8 cup of chopped cilantro
8 oz of red cabbage
12 oz of green cabbage
1/4 cup mayo
1/8 cup of Blue Agave Syrup
1/8 cup of Apple Vinegar
1/4 tablespoon of Kosher salt and of black pepper
2/3 cup of cream cheese
4 tablespoons of prickly pear syrup (2 fresh pears)
6 soft potato buns
1.You want to have a total of (6) 8 oz burgers wieth a ratio of 3 to 1 ground beef to chorizo.
2.Cook the chorizo in a frying pan, drain and cool.
3. Add to raw ground beef.
4 Puree chipotles in blender of food pro and add to meat.
5. Season with tblsp of salt and pepper.
6. Mix until blended.
7. Weigh out 8 oz of meat and form into patties.
1. With sharp knife, shred or julienne red and green cabbage and put in large mixing bowl.
2. Add chopped cilantro and green onions.
3. Cut end of jalapeno and core. Then cut into cirlcles and add to ingredients.
4.In a separate bowl, mix may, blue agave and vinegar.
Then mix in.
5.Put in salt and pepper and thouroughly mix all ingredients.
6.Let sit for 30 min in fridge then add to burger. Do not let sit longer or it may lose crispness.
Prickly Pear Cream Cheese:
1. Slice prickly pears in half and empty fruit into fine mesh strainer.
2.Make sure strainer is over a bowl and mash fruit into grates letting the syrup pass and the seeds stay in strainer.
3. Add softened cream cheese to bowl with syrup until you get a beautiful purple color.
Build the Burger:
1. Preheat the grill to 350.
2.Cook the patties on grill for 2 mins, then 1/4 turn and cook for 2 more. Flip burger and repeat. This should give you nice grill marks. Turn of grill and let burgers sit for1 to 2 more mins.
3. Toast buns with olive oil and salt and pepper.
4. Coat top and bottom of bun with the Prickly Pear cream cheese. About 2 tblsp.
5 Place burger on bottom and put a nice portion of blue agave coleslaw on top. About 4 oz.
6. Place top on and ENJOY!!
I hope that you enjoy this creation as much as my friends and family do. Thank for your consideration and i look forward to personally cooking this you and the Sutter Home crew!!