RECIPES: Recipe Details
My inspiration for this burger is that I love Thanksgiving. Since November will be here before we know it, I thought it would be a great idea to create a burger that reminds us all of the good food to come during this holiday.
Sweet Potato Coleslaw
1. 1 ½ c. of grated sweet potatoes
2. Spray oil (Pam’s Olive Oil spray)
3. 2 tbsp. of red onion
4. 3 tbsp. of green bell pepper
5. 2 garlic clove finely chopped or 2 tsp. of garlic
6. 4 oz. of coleslaw (Marketside)(Use Ultra-55 scale to measure)
7. 4 tbsp. of brown sugar (Domino)
8. 1tbsp of white sugar (Domino)
9. 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning
10. 1 tsp. of sea salt (Real Salt
11. 1 tsp. of white wine (Sutter’s Home Sweet White Wine)
12. 3 tsp. of white vinegar
13. 2 teaspoon of apple vinegar (Heinz)
14. 2 tbsp. teaspoon of cranberry juice (Ocean Spray)
15. 1/2 c. of mayonnaise (Kraft Olive Oil Mayonnaise)
16. 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning
17. aluminum foil (Reynold’s Wrap)
Cornbread stuffing Ingredients
1. 3 oz or 1/2 package of stuffing (Stove Top Dressing the Cornbread flavor) (Used Ultra-55 scale to measure)
2. ¾ cups of chicken broth
3. ¼ c. of white wine (Sutter’s Home Sweet White wine)
4. 2 tablespoon of Vidalia onion (1/2 of a medium size onion)
5. 2 tablespoons of orange bell pepper
6. 1 tablespoon of green onion
7. 1 tablespoon of celery
8. 3/4 tsp of garlic
9. 4 tbsp. of feta cheese (Athenos)
10. Add the Stove Top Dressing in a bowl
Turkey Burger Meat Mixture Ingredients
1. 1 ½ pounds of ground turkey or turkey breast grounded in a food processor
2. 2 cloves of garlic or 2 ½ teaspoons of garlic
3. 2 tsp. of lemon pepper (McCormick)
4. 1 tsp. of Creole seasoning (Tony’s Chachere’s brand)
5. 2 tsp. of marjoram (McCormick)
6. 1 tsp. of Accent seasoning
7. 1 ½ teaspoon of sea salt (Real Salt brand)
8. 1 ½ teaspoon of olive oil (Pompeian)
9. 2 teaspoon of spray butter (Parkay Fresh & Cream Spray)
10. 12 Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
1. Peel all the skin from the sweet potato and then grate the sweet potato (by hand on a grater or in a food processor).
2. Place grated sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and spray twice with cooking spray to lightly coat the potatoes. Wrap the grated sweet potatoes entirely in aluminum foil and put on the grill. Cook on charcoal grill for 6-9 minutes.
3. While sweet potatoes are cooking on the grill, chop red onion, green bell pepper, and garlic and place in a bowl. Add cabbage to the bowl.
4. In another bowl, add brown sugar, white sugar, Italian seasoning, salt, white wine, white vinegar, apple vinegar, and cranberry juice. Then, mix in the mayonnaise.
5. Transfer the vegetable mixture to the bowl with the wine/cranberry/mayonnaise mixture. Stir to evenly distribute the sauce. Refrigerate the mixture.
6. After 6-8 minutes, remove the potatoes from the grill. Open up the aluminum foil and let the sweet potatoes cool for 2 minutes. Then, add to the cabbage mixture and thoroughly stir. Then refrigerate until the burger is cooked.
7. Add the Stove Top Dressing in a bowl.
8. Pour in the chicken broth and wine. Cut up the onion, the orange bell pepper, green onion, celery, and garlic and stir in the cornbread stuffing mixture. Add the feta cheese.
9. Place the ground turkey in a separate bowl. Finely cut the garlic and add to the ground turkey. Add the lemon pepper, Creole seasoning, marjoram, Accent seasoning, sea salt, olive oil, and butter cream spray to the ground turkey and blend with your hands.
10. Separate the meat into 12 segments.
11. Split each segment and form two patties.
12. Put 2 tsp. of corn bread stuffing on one patty. Place the other patty on top and pinch the sides of the two patties to enclose the stuffing inside the burger.
13. Repeat steps 8 and 9 for the other 11 ground turkey segments.
14. Put burgers on charcoal grill and let the burgers cook for 35-40 minutes.
15. While burgers are cooking their last 8-10 minutes, separate the Hawaiin Sweet Rolls and cut in half. Spray each side of the buns with one squirt of cooking spray and let cook 3-5 minutes on each side.
16. Remove rolls and burgers from grill.
17. Place burgers on one side of the roll. Garnish with 2 tsp. of sweet potato coleslaw. Then, place other side of roll on top.
Just like my other recipe, many of the ingredients added during the same in a bowl don't have to be put in any particular order. I hope you enjoy the burger!