RECIPES: Recipe Details
Sweet and Spicy Spanish Burger
The flavors of the Spain. I wanted it to remind you of cured spanish chorizo, sweet and savory, creamy and tangy.
2 lb ground chuck
2 tbsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp granulated garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp ground cumin
2 tsp salt
3 small red bell peppers
3 tbps olive oil, divided
6 large plain hamburger buns
3 tbsp olive oil mayonnaise
24 marinated green olives - chopped
12 oz sliced manchego cheese
1 ½ cups Arugula
1. Mix first 8 ingredients together thoroughly. Form into 6 patties and set aside.
2. Rub red bell peppers with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Grill over high heat, turning, until skin is charred. Remove from heat and place in a glass bowl covered with plastic wrap. Allow to cool 10 minutes. Peel charred skin to leave roasted flesh. Remove seeds and cut into strips. Divide into 6 portions and set aside.
3. Grill burger patties on high heat 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil and allow burgers to rest 5 minutes.
4. Turn grill to low. Split buns, brush with remaining olive oil and grill until just lightly toasted.
5. Mix mayonnaise and chopped olives together to form a spread.
6. Place burger patty on bottom bun. Top with roasted red pepper strips, 2 oz machego cheese and ¼ cup arugula. Spread top bun with green olive aioli. Repeat to make 6 servings.
7. Enjoy with you favorite red wine!