RECIPES: Recipe Details
WELL I GUESS ILL INTRODUCE MYSELF! IM A WIFE,MOTHER,AUNT AND R.N. I LOVE TO COOK AND ESPECIALLY HEALTHY FOODS. PROTEIN IS ESSENTIAL TO BUILDING MUSCLE BUT PROPORTIONS ARE IMPORTANT ALSO. WE HAVE TO BE CREATIVE THESE DAYS! JUST ONE MORE THING...I WORK WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF SOUTHERN LIVING TEST KITCHEN IN BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA AND HAVE NEVER TOURED IT. WHATS UP WITH THAT?
1. 4 OUNCES PER BURGER OF 90% LEAN GROUND CHUCK. THIS WILL DECREASE TO 3 OR 3.5 OZS AFTER GRILLING.
2. ONE-HALF TEASPOON GARLIC; CRUSHED,CLOVE,PASTE OR POWDERED.
3. FRESH SPINACH LEAVES.
4. BLUE CHEEZE OR FETA CRUMBLES.
5. LITE SOUR CREAM.
6. 1 SLICED PURPLE ONION.
7. WHOLE WHEAT BUNS OR WHOLE GRAIN BREAD OF CHOICE.
8. OLIVE OIL
9. SEA SALT
10 COURSE GOUND BLACK PEPPER.
11. 1 SLICED FRIED GREEN TOMATO.
12. FRESH ROSEMARY.
1. buy 2 lbs fresh ground chuck.2. form patties by rolling into a ball after sprinking with course black pepper and sea salt. 3. press patties between 2 small sheets of wax paper to desired size. place 1-2 stims of rosemary on beef. slice med-lg green tomato and batter with 1/2 corn meal 1/2 self-rising flour. cook in 2 tbsp olive oil fon med heat for 6-7 mins,turning once.Drain well on paper towel. grill on gas/charcole grill for 4mins,med heat for 4 mins each side. During the grilling,dont forget to spray/drizzle olive oil on both sides of bun and toast on grill. wash fresh spinish leaves. place burger on buns, garnish with spinish,sour cream,red onion and feta/blue cheeze crumsb. add baked chips and enjoy with your favored beverage
i understand that many young adults are clueless when it comes to cooking. it is much easier to just go out or pick-up meals and eat at home...but there is a certain amount of gratification(although not instant) associated with creating your own,individual meals. its quite exciting to me because i want want i want and i want it very specifically. ( everything on the side please) Sincerely, Katrina