RECIPES: Recipe Details
Stuffed Portobello Burgers with Hummus and Feta Cheese drizzled with a Balsamic Glaze
This is a very elegant and classy burger. All the ingredients compliment each other so nicely.
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 3 tablespoons of diced roasted red peppers
- 2 teaspoons of Steak Seasonings
- 1/4 cup Sutter Home Red Zinfandel
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar(good quality)
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of lite soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons of honey
- 4 teaspoons of Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 4 teaspoons of light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch mixed in 1/2 tablespoon of water
- Colavita Olive Oil(for brushing the grill)
- 6 large portobello mushrooms(stemmed and cleaned)
- 8 ounce container of Hummus with Roasted Garlic
- 4 ounce container of Feta Cheese with Herbs
- 6 good quality Kaiser Rolls(cut in half)
Place your ground beef, peppers and Steak Seasonings into a large bowl. Mix and form into 6 patties. Do not overmix. Set aside to allow to come to room temperature. Heat your gas grill to medium high heat. Combine all your glaze ingredients into a medium saucepan(do not use non stick coated pan). Add the wine,balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, mustard,sugar and cornstarch mixed in water, all into the saucepan and place on the grill. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove pan from the grill and set aside. Lower the heat on your grill to medium. Brush the grill with Colavita Olive Oil. Dip each portobello in the balsamic glaze and sprinkle with salt. Transfer each mushroom to the grill and cook(flipping a couple of times)until cooked through. Brush on some of the glaze while cooking. This should take about 10 minutes. * Save some of the glaze to be drizzled on the completed burger. When mushrooms are cooked, spoon around 1 tablespoon of Hummus into the cavity of each mushroom. Turn the grill down to low and sprinkle around 1 tablespoon of Feta Cheese on top of the Hummus. Cook until the cheese begins to melt a bit. This should only take a couple of minutes. Remove your mushrooms from the grill and loosely tent with foil. Turn your grill heat back to medium and brush with Colavita Olive Oil. Place your beef patties on the grill and cook for around 6 minutes per side. Flipping only once and looking for the juices beginning to run. Do not over cook. When burgers are complete remove to the side of the grill and lightly toast your buns. Place burger inside your toasted Kaiser bun and place your portobello mushroom surprise on top of each beef patty. Drizzle with remaining balsamic glaze and top it off with the remaining bun top.
Try to pick portobello mushrooms that will fit the size of a burger patty. This makes the presentation look much nicer and distributes the flavors of all the ingredients. Thank you for the opportunity.