RECIPES: Recipe Details
Spicy Limeapeno Burger
This one will add a little spice to your life.
* 1 & 1/2 lbs. of 15% fat beef burger
* 4 jalapenos finely chopped
* 1/2 red onion (1/4 minced & 1/4 roughly chopped)
* 1 tsp. of kosher salt
* 1 tsp. of fresh cracked pepper
* zest & juice of one large lime
* 1 large or 2 small avocados cut into small chunks
* 3 tomatilla tomatos cut into small chunks
* 10 grape tomatoes cut in 1/2
* 6 slices of pepperjack cheese
* 6 pub style buns
* 1/2 c. mayonaise
* 1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
* 2 tsp. original hot sauce
* 1 tsp. cajun spice
In a large bowl combine burger, 3 chopped jalapenos, 1/4 c. minced onion, salt, pepper, & lime zest. Form 6 equal patties. Place burgers on a well oiled medium to medium-high grill. Grill approximately 6 minutes flipping 1/2 way through. Flip once more and add cheese & grill until melted. Remove. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine avocado, 1/2 of lime juice, 1/4 c.chopped onion, remaining jalapeno, tomatilla & grape tomatoes & toss. In small bowl mix mayo, EVOO, hot sauce, remaining lime juice & cajun spice & wisk together. Lightly toast buns on bbq. Next spread cajun sauce mix in equal portions onto toasted buns, add buger, top with 1/6 avacado mixture, and assemble.
It's not as hot as it sounds but if you're not a spicy food lover you may want a cold drink by your side.