RECIPES: Recipe Details
Smoky Porkinator Gouda Burger with Avocado Cream Sauce
Well my inspiration came to me after travelling to and from Massachusetts in heavy traffic to visit my older son. It was 8 30 pm when we rolled in. Tired, sore and hungry I turned on the grill and peered into the refrigerator. There sat the sausage I forgot to freeze, the half-pound of marked down cooked bacon we had for breakfast and the 1 lb. pack of pork I had for your contest. One thing led to another. A craving for fresh avocado, tomatoes and cheese made me driven to create the best pork burger possible.
1 lb. California Milk smoked Gouda Cheese (shredded)
½ lb. cooked bacon (cut into tiny pieces)
7 oz. frozen (comes fully cooked) maple sausage (defrosted) cut into small pieces
1 lb. fresh ground pork 80/20
½ cup barbeque sauce (I used Bulls Eye original but you may use any.)
1 avocado (very ripe)
1 tbsp. Tabasco Chipotle sauce
2 tbsp. mayonnaise
1 ½ cups NatureSweet Cherry tomatoes quartered
8 oz. baby spinach leaves
6 basic burger rolls
Reynolds’s Brand heavy duty Aluminum Foil
1. Preheat grill closed to high heat.
2. Pierce 1 ft. foil with holes and lay on sheet pan.
3. Prepare ingredients by shredding the Gouda, cut bacon and sausage, slice tomatoes.
4. In a large bowl mix pork, bacon and sausage and form into 6 patties. Place them on foiled sheet pan.
5. Open preheated grill, slide foil/burgers on the grill and close. Cook 4 minutes.
6. Flip burgers; put a heaping tbsp. barbeque sauce and a pile Gouda on the center of each burger. Close grill and cook 5 more minutes.
7. In a medium bowl mash the avocado with Tabasco and stir in mayonnaise until smooth.
8. Serve each burger topped with ripe tomato, smoky avocado cream sauce and baby spinach leaves.
This burger paired very well with your Chardonnay. What a treat after a long day!