RECIPES: Recipe Details
Oluv This Burger Alotta
What American doesn't like olives and good old fashioned beef burgers. Why not throw a "Muffaletta" twist in the mix to make it a combination to die for.
3 lbs Ground Chuck
2 T Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 T Worcestershire
1 t Chipotle Chile Powder
3 T Minced Sun Dried Tomatos
1 T Kosher Salt
1 t Black Pepper
2 Cups Diced Green Olives with Pamentos
2 Cups Diced Black Olives
1 Cup Diced Onion
1 Cup Diced Marinated Artichokes
1 Cup Feta Cheese (Crumbled)
1/3 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 T Lemon Juice (to taste)
1/2 Cup Flat Leaf Parsely Minced
1/2 Cup Fresh Oregano Minced
1 Lg Garlic Clove
3 Cups Balsamic Vinegar
1 Cup Sutter Home Merlot
3 Large Tomatos sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 T Olive Oil
2 package thinly sliced prosciutto
12 Provolone Cheese Slices
6 Mini Loafs of Bread from Macaroni Grill or Rosemary rolls
1. Combine ground chuck, Montreal Steak Seasoning, Chipotle Chile Powder, Minced Sun Dried Tomatos, salt and pepper. Mix well and form 6 - 1 inch thick patties. Set aside to reach room temperature.
2. Put 3 Cups Fine Balsamic Vinegar and 1 Cup Sutter Home Merlot into saucepan and heat until boiling.
Boil approximately 15 minutes until dark and thick reduction (cooking time may vary)
3. Pre Heat Grill to 350 Degrees
4. On Cutting Board, Dice Green Olives, Black Olives, Onions, Artichokes (cut leaf tips off of artichokes), Oregano, Parsely, and Feta Cheese into really small pieces (relish size),
5. In Large Bowl, combine above ingredients with 1 large clove of garlic and make relish.
6. Add Balsamic Vinegar and Lemon Juice / stir (lemon juice to taste - Set relish aside to reach room temperature)
7. Slice Tomatos into 1/4 inch thick slices for grilling (coat with olive oil)
8. Slice mini bread loafs and remove small portion of soft center to reduce thickness
9. Put Patties on Grill and start timer
10. Wait 5 minutes, flip patties and add prosciutto slices and tomato slices to grill.
11. Cook Tomato and prosciutto slices 2 minutes per side and remove.
12. Once tomato and prosciutto slices are removed, add 2 provolone cheese slices to patties.
13. Put sliced loaves on grill for toasting.
14. Remove patties and buns when cheese has melted.
15. Making the burger / stacking order: Bottom Bun, 2 Grilled Tomato Slices, drizzle 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar reduction, 2 slices grilled prosciutto, patty, 1/2 cup olive relish, top bun and enjoy!!
This recipe made medium to medium rare burgers. They are very big burgers and I see them very well on the Macaroni Grill Menu. Please enjoy!!