RECIPES: Recipe Details
Hamburgers! I love 'em! A little creativity and a glass (or two) of wine helped me come up with this recipe my husband loves! Whatever the season, he insists on firing up the grill to cook them. The recipe is simple, the ingredients are easy to find and they taste yummy , if I do say so myself!
1) 1 lb. 85% lean fresh ground beef
2) 1/3 cup of worcestershire sauce.
3) 1/2 of a large yellow onion, chopped.
4) 1 tblspn. of garlic powder
5) 1 tsp. of seasoned salt
6) 1 oz. of red wine or dry sherry
1) Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. 2) It may be necessary to add slightly more worcesteshire sauce if the meat isn't moist enough, but be careful not to over-moisten it. You have to judge it. 3) I use a hamburger maker to shape the burgers. It gives the luxury of adding or removing meat, depending on how thick you like them. 4) Refrigerate all of the patties for one hour before cooking. 5) Heat BBQ grill on Med-High heat. 6) Cook burgers 4 minutes per side, or to desired cooking temperature. 7) Add any desired toppings and enjoy!
Occasionally, I will substitue dry sherry for the red wine, for a slightly different flavor, but it's still delicious. Only turn the burgers one time on the grill. Also remember that they continue to cook, even once removed from the grill. So leaving them on too long cna result in very dry burgers once they are ready to eat. A nice piece of fresh sweet corn and a salad completes this meal nicely and really is a household favorite!