RECIPES: Recipe Details
Herb Goat Cheese Burger with Raspberry Jalapeno Jam
Here in Minnesota. we enjoy grilling like no other, maybe because we only get about 5-6 months out of the year that we are able to enjoy the weather and cooking of outdoors, but also because of all the local farmers markets. We can get the freshest product from our local farmers and most of the ingredients in this burger are from the local farmers market, from the homemade Raspberry Jam, fresh grown jalapenos, Goat cheese and the herbs to go with and even the beef itself, all come from our local farmers. We also have a saying in Minnesota for spice, "It
3/4 cup raspberry jam
3 medium jalapeno
1/4 cup barbeque
1 cup soft goat cheese
2 tbsp fresh sweet basil
2 tbsp chives
2 tbsp flat leaf parsley
3 lbs lean ground beef
1/3 cup Sutterhome Cabernet wine
3 cloves garlic zest
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 tbs cayenne pepper
1 tbs crushed red pepper flakes
2 tbs fresh ground pepper
12 slices bacon
6 onion rolls
1. Mix Raspberry jam, Barbeque, and 2 Jalapenos in a food processor, blend and set aside in a small bowl, finely chop the last Jalapeno and add to raspberry jalapeno mixture.
2. Finely chop Sweet Basil, Chives, Flat Leaf parsley and mix with Goat cheese, use a fork to mash together.
3. Combine Beef, Wine, Garlic Zest, Worcestershire, and Cayenne, and Red Pepper Flakes, mix well with a spatula.
Then form 6 equal balls (approx 8oz a piece) and place on parchment paper and flatten to about 1/2 in patties and season with Pepper.
4. Turn on you grill at approx 450 -500 degrees
5. While your Grill is getting up to temp start cooking your bacon following the pkg instructions
6. Once your grill is ready place your burgers on and close the lid after 3 mins give your burger a quarter turn, after another 3 mins flip your burger, after another 3 mins give your burger another quarter turn, this will ensure even cooking and diamond grill marks. Total time burgers should be on grill is 12-15 min
7. Slice open your Onion Rolls and brush each side with EVOO, during the last few minutes of your burgers cooking throw the buns on the grill to lightly toast.
8. Building your burger, on your bottom bun spread 2 heaping tbs of Herb Goat Cheese, then place burger on top then place 2 strips of bacon cross-wised on burger, then place 2 tbs of Raspberry Jalapeno Jam on top bun and set directly on top of burger and bacon.
Serve with a Glass of Sutterhome Cabernet.
Makes 6 Burgers
Total Prep Time: 45 min
Total Time: 1 hour