RECIPES: Recipe Details
Grillicious Greek Burger
1 medium onion (red or white) chopped
3 Tbl good olive oil (reserve 2 Tbl for rolls)
1 8 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained of all water (or 2 cups fresh, washed and dried)
1 cup fresh Feta cheese, chopped or crumbled into small pieces
1 lb. fresh ground turkey (* see note below)
1 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp garlic/onion grinder seasoning
1 large egg
1/2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs or Panko crumbs
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
6 Black Olive Foccacia rolls
1) On medium heat, saute chopped onion in 1 Tbl oil until translucent, about 5 minutes - set aside to cool
2) Thaw spinach and squeeze as much water out as you can
3) Crumble or chop about 4 oz (1 cup) Feta cheese
4) In a medium bowl, gently mix the spinach and Feta with the next 8 ingredients (I recommend using your hands), up to but not including the parsley. Do not over-handle meat!
5) Gently form into 6 patties
6) On a hot grill (400 degrees), cook patties for 5 minutes and do not touch! Grill on other side for 3-4 minutes longer.
7) Lightly brush olive foccacia rolls with oil and sprinkle each side with parsley - top with burgers and serve with your favorite condiments!
* Note: My husband has Krohn's Disease and cannot eat red meat, but you can make these burgers with a mixture of ground lamb and turkey or lamb and beef.