RECIPES: Recipe Details
Grilled Cabernet Sauvignon Beef Stew Cheese Burgers
I was thinking outside the box on how to incorporate beef stew into a burger seeing I hadf the ingredients and it has been too hot to cook inside. This grilled rendition was encouraged by my wonderful sister. When I presented this to her idea she became very excited. After a YUMMY she said let me know how it turns out!
1/2 cup and 6 tsp. Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup carrot fresh and sliced into very thin circles
3/4 cup fresh green beans cut into Â½ in. pieces
1 cup potato cut into about Â½ inch cubes
Â¼ cup celery diced
Â¼ cup onion diced
Â¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
3 tbsp. garlic chopped or shredded
1 cup avocado shredded
1 can (10Â½ ounces) condensed French onion soup
1 Â¼ cups Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon
2 tbsp. hamburger spice
1 tbsp. molasses blackstrap
3 oz. tomato paste
1 oz. Au Jus gravy mix
21/4 lbs. ground top round (Pick a roast and ask your butcher to ground it! They will for free!)
12 thin slices Provolone cheese
6 Ciabatta Rolls
1. Preheat your grill to high heat with the lid closed, clean, reclose and reduce heat to medium high.
2. In an 8 inch (or something comparable) cast iron frying pan put Â½ cup olive oil, carrots, green beans, potatoes, celery, onion, parsley and garlic, seal tightly with a foil cover and place on grill, reclose and cook 6 minutes.
3. Open vegetable pan and put in 1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon and French onion soup. Leave uncovered and cook 12 more minutes with grill lid closed stirring a couple times gently.
4. In a large bowl drop in your hamburger, sprinkle 1 tbsp. hamburger spice and 1 tbsp. Au jus mix and mix (with bread knife if available. I cut the spice in and stir it with rounded tip to avoid touching the burger. Excess handling causes meat to be tough). Evenly pour Â¼ cup Cabernet Sauvignon over meat and stir once more quickly. Form 6 burgers and dribble 1 tsp. olive oil on top each and place on grill oil side down. (Leave grill open from here out.) Cook 7 minutes before flipping.
5. When you place burgers on the grill add the tomato paste, shredded avocado, molasses, 1 tbsp. hamburger spice and the remaining Au Jus mix to the vegetables. Stir. Continue cooking uncovered.
6. Flip burgers and add 2 fold slices cheese to each. I do this so the cheese wonâ€™t melt in the grill. Continue cooking 6 more minutes.
7. Remove burgers and allow to rest 3 minutes on a platter to lock in juices. Close grill and continue to cook vegetables until rest period is done.
8. Serve burgers topped with 1/2 cup grilled Cabernet Sauvignon Beef Stew on each!
Well I tried to call my sister this morning to no avail. It will be wonderful to share this recipe with her. Once again not only did this delicious burger taste like $100,000 dollars it tasted like a million bucks!