RECIPES: Recipe Details
Gorgonzola Cheese Burger with Fresh Tomato Basil Salsa
This burger is so good I serve it at summer dinner partys with home made purple potato chips,and a glass or two of SUTTER HOME CABERNET.
- 2 1/2 lb. ground chuck
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Grey poupon mustard
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon worcestershire
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup crumbled gargonzola cheese
- 6 bib lettuce leaf cups
- 6 French bread burger buns lightly buttered
- 5 red ripe medium sized tomatos,seeded and diced into 1/3 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup medium diced red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons COLAVITA extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Mix first six ingredients together.Be sure to mix well. Chill for at least thirty minutes. divide cheese into six 1/4 cup portions. Set aside. Clean lettuce and set aside. Cut and lightly butter buns, set aside. While meat mixture chills make salsa. Mix remaining seven ingredients, chill. Heat grill to medium high. Form meat mixture into six 3/4 inch thick burgers making an indent in the center of each. This will help burger cook flat and hold cheese better. Cook burgers about four minutes on each side. Top burgers with cheese. Place buns on grill, buttered side down. Close grill and cook one minute longer. Place buns on serving dish place burger on bun top each with lettuce leaf filled with salsa. Serve right away.
This burger may be topped with other kinds of cheese. How ever gorgonzola is the best.