RECIPES: Recipe Details
2 # Ground Pork (90% lean)
2 teas. Salt
1.5 teas. Black Pepper
12 each Galric cloves, finely chopped
6 each Onion slices, 1/8 inch thick
1/4 cup Vegetable oil
4 Tablesp. Sugar, granulated
1 cup Sauerkraut, drained
6 slices Meunster cheese
6 each Kaiser rolls
9 teas. German Mustard
1. Heat grill to about 350 degrees (High)
2. Combine ground pork, garlic, salt and pepper, mix and patty into 1/3 pound burgers. Let rest at room temp while preparing other ingredients.
3. Brush slices of onion lightly with oil and sprinkle with sugar.
4. Place a piece of aluminum foil on grill large enough to hold slices of onion. Arrange slices and begin to caramelize.
5. Lightly oil grill and place pork patties, without crowding. Grill about 7 minutes or until about half done.
6. Flip burgers and divide sauerkraut evenly on top of the burgers. Grill additional 8 -10 minutes or until 160 degrees internal temp (allow for carry over heat). Place one slice of cheese on each burger. Move burgers to warm rack.
7. Meanwhile flip onion slices when sugar begins to caramelize.
8. While burgers are on warming rack, reduce heat to medium and place bun halves on on the grill and toast.
9. Divide mustard evenly amongst the buns.
10. Assemble burger; Mustard covered bottom, pork burger topped with sauerkraut, cheese, caramelized onion and mustard covered top.
Cooking times may vary due to wind, outdoor conditions, and grill variances. Caramelized onions may be moved to warming rack if they cook too quickly.