RECIPES: Recipe Details
Everybody's Favorite Pizza Burger
Everybody loves pizza and everybody loves hamburger so I thought that this was a natural fit.
2 lbs ground beef
1/4 sweet onion diced
2 cloves minced garlic
3 Tbs brown sugar
2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 large Boboli pizza pre cooked breads
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup provolone cheese
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
6 Tbs Pizza Sauce
1 Lb sliced pepperoni
1. Mix together ground beef, onion, garlic, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. After thoroughly mixing make into 6 equal 1/3 pound patties. Shape the patties into wedges that will be approximately the shape of a pizza slice. (1/6 of the Boboli bread)
2. Cut both Boboli breads into 6 equal slices like you would a pizza.
3. Preheat your grill to medium high heat. After grill is heated place the beef wedges onto the grill. You will grill for 5-7 minutes on each side depending on your grill and how done you want your burger. Turn only once.
4. Mix together all 3 types of cheeses in a separate bowl
5. On 6 slices of the Boboli bread add 1 Tbs of pizza sauce to each. Top this with enough pepperoni to cover the entire top of the bread overlapping slightly. Cover this with some of the cheese mixture.
6. After you have turned the burgers for the only time place the 6 small pizza slices on the top rack of the grill. If your grill does not have a top rack turn off the burners on the side of the grill opposite your burgers and place the slices there. At this time you can also add the 6 slices of bread that do not have toppings to the grill.
7. After the burgers are done cooking and have rested a couple of minutes and the cheese has melted on our â€œpizza sliceâ€ we can assemble. Place one â€œpizza sliceâ€ on a plate. Top that with one of our wedge shaped burgers and then add a toasted slice of bread that does not have any toppings to that and enjoy.
This is a burger that can be as fun for your family to make as it is to eat