RECIPES: Recipe Details
2 lbs Ground Pork
1 medium Red Onion grated
1 clove Garlic finely minced
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
2 tbl fresh chopped Parsley
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 Poblano Pepper
1 cup Dijon Mustard
3 tbl unprocessed honey
1 meyer lemon
1 tbl champagne vinegar
1 tbl unprocessed honey
1 pinch salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
3 tbl extra virgin olive oil
1 english cucumber julienned
2 shallots thinly sliced
1 tsp finely chopped dill
1 tsp finely chopped tarragon
24 inch french bread
6 slices swiss cheese
2 thin Ham Steaks
1. Add all the patty ingredients together with the exception of the poblano pepper
2. roast the poblano pepper over high heat until the skins are dark black
3. place the roasted pepper into a plastic ziplock bag for 10 min
4. remove the blackened skins off the pepper and remove the seeds from the pepper
5. dice the pepper and add to the ground pork
6. Mix together the Dijon mustard and honey until the honey if fully incorporated.
7. roast the jalapeno peppers over high heat until the skins are dark black
8. place the roasted peppers into a plastic ziplock bag for 10 min
9. remove the blackened skins off the peppers and remove the seeds from the peppers
10. dice the peppers and add to the honey mustard mixture
11. Using a micro-planer zest the meyer lemon.
12. Juice the meyer lemon and add the reserved zest.
13. add the vinegar, honey, salt and pepper and whisk together until the honey and salt have been dissolved into the mixture.
14. slowly whisk in the olive oil to make a dressing
15. pour the dressing over the remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
16. create 12 equal patties out of the port mixture.
17. Cut the french bread into 12 2 inch pieces.
18. Slice each piece of bread in half lengthwise.
19. Grill the bread to slightly toast the bottoms over medium heat.
20. Over medium high heat grill the patties approximately 4 min a side making sure the internal temperature reaches at least 160 degrees.
21. 1 min before removing patties place 1/2 slice of cheese on top.
22. over medium high heat grill the ham steak for 2 to 3 min per side to heat through.
23. Cut the ham steak into 12 2 inch by 2 inch pieces
24. Spread Jalapeno Honey Mustard on top and bottom of each roll
25. place ham on the bottom and the cooked patty on top of the ham.
26. Place approximately 1 1/2 tbl of cucumber salad on top of the patty and place the top of the bread to finish the sandwich.
27. Serve 2 burgers per person and enjoy!
The classic Cuban sandwich is one of my all time favorites. This burger keeps the spirit of the sandwich alive while adding a new perspective to the ingredients. Pork is king and this burger showcases its versatile flavor profile. This new style Burger Cubano will please all.