RECIPES: Recipe Details
2 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 pound uncooked chorizo sausage (if links, remove the casing)
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 serrano pepper, finely minced
2 T finely chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1 t cumin
2 t minced mexican oregano
1 t salt
1 t black pepper
12 ox. caso fresco (or other fresh farmer-type cheese if caso fresco is not available)
6 hamburger rolls of your choice
1. combine the ground beef, chorizo, garlic, serrano pepper, cilantro, onion, cumin and oregano, salt and pepper.
2. gently mix together avoiding over working the meat mixture
3. form the mixture into 6 equal patties
4. place the patties on a hot grill for four minutes and then flip and place some of the caso fresco on each burger
5. Using an instant read thermometer, remove the burgers from the grill when the internal temperature reaches 155 F. Cover the burgers with foil.
6. While the burgers are cooking slice the tomatoes and avocado.
7. Lightly toast the buns, and serve with the sliced tomatoes and avocado.
If you find that you like your Baja burger spicier, add more serrano, less spicy, cut back. there is plenty of spice in the chorizo.