RECIPES: Recipe Details
Bacon Grilled Green Tomato Corned Beef Hash Burgers with Cranberry Wasabi and Horseradish Dressing
OH YUM! How I love fried green tomatoes! It is August and my garden I started by seed in March still has no red ones. So I figured I'd showcase what I had in a most pleasurable and distinct way.
2 large green tomatoes (or more for smaller) sliced Â½ inch thick slices cutting across the tomato
2 large red tomatoes (or more for smaller) sliced Â½ inch thick cutting across the tomato
12 slices bacon (regular cut)
1 cup corned beef hash
2 lbs. Hamburger at least 80 percent lean (preferably Angus)
12 oz. provolone cheese sliced in 12 slices
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup prepared horseradish
1/3 cup cranberry wasabi dressing (found by mustard and sauces at grocery store)
6 fresh sesame seeded hamburger buns sliced
1. Preheat the grill closed to highest temperature and clean.
2. Cut red and green tomatoes into six 1/2 inch slices and tightly wrap green tomatoes with 2 slices bacon each going opposite directions and fold end in. Place the green tomatoes on the preheated to high grill.
3. In a large bowl quickly mix corned beef hash and burger with a spoon and make 6 patties handling meat mix as little as possible. This helps the burger stay moist. Place them directly on preheated to high grill.
4. With the lid open cook green tomatoes and burgers 8 minutes without touching before flipping carefully.
5. Reduce heat to low, flip and add a folded piece of cheese to each burger and green tomato. Close lid and continue to cook for 8 more minutes.
6. Remove burgers from grill and lay on plate to rest to lock in juices. Continue cooking green tomatoes as long as it takes to assure bacon is cooked. (Mine was ready the same time as the burgers!)
7. Mix the cranberry wasabi, horseradish and mayonnaise in a medium bowl.
8. Cut your rolls, toast them if you prefer by placing on the hot grill just a couple minutes or less.
9. Assemble the juicy burgers by placing burger, bacon grilled green tomato, red tomato slice and 3 tbsp. sauce on each roll!
This burger is so darn juicy and delicious that your taste buds will be tantalized into a romantic and outrageously mesmerizing dance when combined with Sutter Home’s Riesling or Zinfandel wine. One of these dynamic duos will have your guest talking about this barbeque combination for years to come!