RECIPES: Recipe Details
Arizona Heat Queso Fresco Burgers with Ranchero Iceburg Slaw
This burger celebrates what Arizona is known best forÃ¢â‚¬Â¦our summer heat. Ingredients such as jalepeno, salsa verde, fresh red onion and hot pepper sauce are just some of the things that bring just the right heat alive in these giant burgers. Crisp shredded iceburg lettuce has been used for the slaw to give a new flare. Ranch dressing and salsa verde are tossed with other southwestern ingredients for this flavor packed slaw that is piled high on top of each burger. Queso Fresco Cheese is stuffed into each burger to give a flavorful surprise with each bite. Bringing some of ArizonaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s heat home has never been so easy and delicious. Enjoy Building a Better Burger!
4 Cups finely shredded crisp iceburg lettuce
2 Tablespoons jalepeno, minced
1/4 Cup green onion, finely chopped
1 firm Roma tomato, seeded and diced
1/4 Cup finely chopped pitted black olives
1/2 Cup prepared Ranch dressing
1 Cup prepared salsa verde (Herdez preferred), divided
1 Cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
2 1/2 lbs ground Angus Beef
1/2 Cup red onion, finely chopped
1/2 Cup (about 20 pieces) Snyders Garlic Bread Pretzel Nibblers (ground in food processor)
1/2 Cup remaining salsa verde
2 Tablespoons Tabasco Hot Sauce
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 Cups crumbled Queso Fresco Cheese
Vegetable oil for grill rack
6 Large seeded sandwich rolls, split
3 California ripe Avocados seeded, peeled and cut into 18 slices (to be sliced right before serving)
1. Preheat gas grill to medium high heat.
2. Place shredded iceburg, jalepeno, green onion, tomatoes and black olives into a medium bowl; lightly toss, cover and refrigerate. Place ranch dressing, 1/2 Cup salsa verde and cilantro leaves into a food processor; process until smooth. Pour into a medium bowl; cover and refrigerate.
3. Place ground Angus beef, red onion, ground Snyders Pretzel Nibblers, 1/2 Cup remaining salsa verde, Tabasco and salt into a large bowl. With hands or large spoon gently mix well, handling the meat as little as possible to prevent compacting meat. Form into 12 equal size patties. Place Ã‚Â¼ Cup queso fresco cheese onto the center of 6 patties. Place remaining patties on top, press, and seal edges to enclose filling, forming 6 total patties.
4. When grill is ready, brush grill rack generously with vegetable oil. Place patties on grill, cover, and cook for 4 minutes, until bottom is brown. With spatula, turn over patties and cook an additional 4 minutes, or until done to your preference (internal temperature of 160 degrees F). During the last few minutes of grilling, place rolls, cut side down, on outer edges of grill to lightly toast.
5. Spread 1/2 Cup of the verde sauce over warm toasted rolls. Pour remaining sauce over iceburg slaw and toss lightly to coat. Place burgers on bottom rolls, top with 3 slices of California avocados, and heaping mounds of divided iceburg slaw. Top with remaining rolls, serve and Enjoy!
One bite and you're hooked! Enjoy!