RECIPES: Recipe Details
Ahi A-ha! Tuna Burger with Ginger Slaw
2 cups cabbage, shredded
4 cups coleslaw mix
1 tbsp ginger, grated
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup peanut oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup Craisins
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp Dill
3/4 cup Mayonnaise
2 tbsp wasabi paste
2 lbs. fresh Tuna
3 tbsp soy
2 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
1 tbsp sesame seed
6 kaiser rolls
Prepare the slaw 2 hours before serving, and serve chilled.
1. Shred 2 cups of cabbage, about 1/4 head
2. Mix cabbage with 4 cups of coleslaw
3. Mix 1 tbsp ginger and ½ cup rice vinegar together and add to the coleslaw and cabbage mixture.
4. Add 2 tbsp of peanut oil to the slaw mixture.
5. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper
6. Add the ¼ cup Craisins to the mixture, mix well, cover, and refrigerate.
Garlic Dill Mayo Spread:
Mix 2 garlic cloves (minced), with 1 tsp dill and 3/4 cup Mayonnaise.
1. Let the grill preheat to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Rub 2 tbsp wasabi into the tuna.
3. Cut the tuna into small cubes.
4. Dice the scallions
5. Mix the tuna with 3 tbsp soy, 2 tsp Montreal steak seasoning, 3 garlic cloves (minced), scallions, and 1 tbsp sesame seed.
6. Put everything into a food processor until it is well mixed and the Tuna is ground.
7. Form 6 identical sized patties from the mixture.
8. Brush the patties with Peanut Oil.
9. Brush the grates of the grill with Peanut Oil.
10. Cook on the grill for about 4 minutes on each side, until the Tuna Burgers are cooked throughout.
11. About 1 minute before the burgers are cooked through, place the kaiser rolls, cut side down, on the grill to toast.
12. Place the Tuna burgers onto the bun. Spread the garlic dill mayo on the top side of the bun. Add about 1/4 cup of ginger slaw on top of the burger.
This burger is light and flavorful, and perfect for a warm summer day in the backyard with good friends and good wine!