Wine Varietal: Merlot
1 1/2 Lbs. ground Chuck
2 sweet italian sausage links, casings removed
1 .7 oz pkg dry italian dressing mix
3 T. Parmesean Cheese, grated
4 T. Olive Oil
6 1/4 inch thick slices fresh mozarella cheese
1/2 c mayonaise
1 clove garlic, crushed with garlic press
1/2 t. cracked black pepper
1 t. lemon fine lemon zest
3 Fresh basil leaves finely chopped
1 1/2 loaves Fresh French Bread
1 c. purchased sundried tomato pesto
1/2 medium red onion thin sliced
1 1/2 c. rough chopped arugula
1. Prepare a med-hot fire in charcoal grill.
2. Mix beef, sausage, dressing mix, parm cheese, and 2 T. of the olive oil. Shape into 6 patties.
3. Grill on each side for approx. 4 minutes per side, on a covered grill.
4. Place one slice of mozzarella cheese on each burger. Close lid until melted. Approx 1 minute. Remove from grill.
5. Cut french bread into six equal pieces. Then cut each piece in half horizontally, to form buns. Drizzle cut sides of bread with olive oil and place cut side down on grill. Grill until lightly browned. Approx. 1-2 minutes. Remove from grill.
6. While burgers are cooking combine, mayo, garlic, pepper, lemon zest and basil. Keep refrigerated until burger assembly.
7. Assemble burgers. On bottom bun spread tomato pesto, top with meat, followed by arugula and onion. Spread top bun with basil-mayo and place on top. Serve.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes