Wine Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
I created this recipe to find a way to marry the beautiful fresh flavor of local peaches and the beautiful local grass fed Montana meat. My two favorite things paired with a Provence spin was the perfect answer.
For the Burgers:
2 Pounds Ground Beef (15% Lean)
3 Cloves Garlic; Minced
1 Tsp. Fresh Rosemary
2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
2 tbsp. Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon
For the Pesto Aioli:
1 Egg Yolk
2 tbsp. Prepared Pesto
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
2 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp. Cracked Black Pepper
For the Peaches:
2 Fresh Peaches
3 tbsp. Salted Butter; Softened
1 tsp. Honey
1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Fresh Ginger; Grated
7 Ounces Creamed Brie
1 Loaf Soft French Bread
1 Bunch of Fresh Arugula
1. To make the burgers, place the ground beef, minced garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, and cabernet sauvignon in a large bowl. With cold hands lightly mix the seasonings with the meat. Be careful not to over-mix. Once seasonings are thoroughly combined, form into 6 even patties. Press a small indentation into the middle of each burger to promote even cooking. Place on a large cookie sheet or plate and cover and refrigerate until ready to grill.
2. For the pesto aioli, combine the egg yolk, pesto, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
3. Slice the peaches into 1/4 inch round slices removing the pit and slicing along the pit whole. Set aside.
4. In another small bowl combine the softened butter, honey, cinnamon, and ginger. Stir together with a fork until smooth. Set aside.
5. Slice the brie into 6 even slices and slice the French bread into 1/2 inch slices making sure you have at least 12 slices. If you have extra, no worries, this is an added bonus snack for later.
6. Spread a small amount of the pesto aioli onto each slice of the French bread and set the bread aside. There should be plenty of extra aioli for final plating.
7. Heat the grill to medium high heat. Once the grill is hot, brush with olive oil or spray with olive oil cooking spray. Then add the burgers. Cook the first side for 3-5 minutes. Then flip the burgers and move them to one side of the grill. Cook them for another 3-5 minutes. Add 6 slices of the French bread to the other side of the grill with the aioli face down on the grates. Check the bread frequently. We just want to lightly toast the bread. Remove the bread when it is browned and lightly toasted. Place the bread aioli side up on a plate when done.
8. In the last minute of grilling the burgers add a slice of brie on top of each burger and close the lid to allow the cheese to melt.
9. When the burgers are done place them on top of the 6 slices of french bread and keep them handy next to the grill.
10. Brush both sides of each peach slice with the cinnamon butter and place on one side of the hot grill. Cook the peaches for 1-2 minutes on each side. They should caramelize and char slightly. Add the remaining 6 slices of French bread aioli side down on the other side of the grill.
11. To plate, place the grilled peaches on top of the burgers. Either one or two slices is perfect. Then add a few leaves of the fresh arugula on top of the grilled peach. Then slather a generous amount of pesto aioli on each of the slices of French bread and place on top of the arugula. Eat immediately.