Wine Varietal: Gewurztraminer
This burger is the ultimate, “local” burger because all of the produce used comes right from my Dad’s garden.Locally grown and locally eaten = local American burger.
1. 3/4 cup of Miracle Whip Fat-Free Mayonnaise
2. 2 large, ripened tomatoes (for Mayonnaise sauce)
3. 4 Tablespoons of chopped, fresh basil
4. 12 medium green onions
5. 2 medium garlic cloves
6. 3 pounds of ground beef
7. 6 large Italian buns
8. 2 large, ripened tomatoes (for slices)
9. 18 pieces of spinach
1. In a small mixing bowl, measure out 3/4 cup of Mayonnaise.
2. Finely chop the tomatoes and put with the Mayonnaise.
3. Roughly chop the basil and put with the Mayonnaise.
4. Blend well, the Mayonnaise, tomatoes, and basil, and set aside.
5. Medium chop the green onions.
6. Peel garlic cloves and put through a garlic press.
7. In a bowl, mix the green onions, garlic, and hamburger.
8. Divide the burger mixture evenly into 6 sections.
9. Pat burgers to 1/2 inch thickness.
10. Place burgers on a medium-high heated grill. Turn every 5 minutes. Cook to an internal temperature of 150 degrees. (20-25 minutes.)
11. While the burgers are cooking, spread both sides of the buns with the Mayonnaise mixture.
12. Slice the tomatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices, and set aside.
13. Prepare the spinach (trim, stem, and clean), and set aside.
14. Remove burgers from the grill and place on the bottom half of each of the buns.
15. On top of each burger place a slice of tomato.
16. Lay 2-3 pieces of spinach on top of the tomato slice.
17. Place top bun on top of spinach.