Wine Varietal: Pinot Noir
My family loves lasagna, but in the summer I hate to heat up the kitchen with a slow-cooked oven-baked meal.Luscious Lasagna Burgers deliver the taste of lasagna in a quick-cooking, outdoor format. Just add salad and a great wine and we have a great meal!
2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons Worcestshire Sauce
3 ounces ricotta cheese
1 medium tomato, cut in 6 slices
6 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, pressed
6 ciabatta buns, sliced in half
6 Tablespoons prepared spaghetti sauce
3 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut in 6 slices
1) In a large bowl, combine ground beef, chopped onion, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, and the Worcestshire Sauce. Mix thoroughly.
2) Form into 12 thin patties shaped to fit the ciabatta buns.
3) On each of 6 patties, place 1/2 ounce of ricotta cheese, 1 tomato slice, and 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
4) Place remaining six patties over filling on each burger and seal edges well.
5) combine olive oil and garlic in small bowl. Brush inside of each ciabatta bun half with mixture.
6) Pour spaghetti sauce into small saucepan with heat-proof handle. Place saucepan on edge of heated charcoal grill.
7) Grill burgers over medium-hot coals, 4 inches from coals, for 5 minutes. Turn burgers and continue grilling for 4 minutes.
8) While patties cook, place bun halves, cut side down, on grill edges around burgers to toast lightly.
9) Remove burgers and buns from heat.
10) Assemble Luscious Lasagna Burgers by placing one cooked burger atop each bun bottom. Place 1 slice mozzarella cheese atop each burger. Top with 1 Tablespoon warmed spaghetti sauce and end with top half of bun.