Wine Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
6 cloves fresh garlic (to be roasted)
1 tsp olive oil
6 additional cloves fresh garlic
5 green-onion tops (white part only)
1/4 c. Jarred sliced seeded jalapenos (no seeds)
10 oz. Crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
3 T. A-1 Thick and Hearty sauce
9 grinds of fresh black pepper
3 lbs 20% lean ground chuck
1/2 c. real mayonnaise
6 cloves of previously roasted garlic
1/4 tsp. jarred minced ginger
1/8 tsp. Powdered ginger
1 tsp. Prepared jarred horseradish
1/4 tsp. Chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp brown sugar
6 grinds black pepper
12 slices pepper bacon
1 large tomato
1 red onion
1 c. fresh spinach leaves
12 slices dill pickles
6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
6 sesame seed kaiser rolls
1. Preheat grill to high heat.
2. Peel 6 cloves of garlic and place in a shallow ramekin. Coat cloves with olive oil. Place on upper rack of grill with lid closed. Roast on high heat for fifteen minutes. Remove from heat and allow cool.
3. Finely chop garlic and green-onion tops.
4. Remove seeds and stems, if needed, from jarred jalapenos and finely chop.
5. Add garlic, green-onion tops, jalapenos, Gorgonzola cheese, A-1 Thick and Hearty sauce, and black pepper to large mixing bowl.
6. Add ground chuck to same mixing bowl. With your hands, slowly mix to combine all ingredients. When vegetables, cheese, sauce, pepper, and chuck are incorporated, cover lightly with a towel and let meat sit to allow flavors to develop.
7. To begin the burger sauce, place mayonnaise in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
8. Finely chop roasted garlic cloves and add to mayonnaise.
9. To the same medium-sized bowl, add both types of ginger, horseradish, chili powder, salt, brown sugar, and black pepper.
10. Mix sauce until all components are blended together. Allow to rest while burgers cook.
11. Using half a pound of meat per burger, make into a ball, then flatten slightly to form patties.
12. Place burgers on main rack of grill, evenly spaced. Cook for sixteen minutes, flipping three times, once every four minutes.
13. When burgers are placed on grill, place bacon next to burgers on main grill plate. Cook bacon for three minutes per side (or until crispy) then remove from grill.
14. While burgers are cooking, slice tomato and red onion. Rinse spinach leaves in cold water and shake off excess water. Slice pickles if needed.
15. At last flip of burger, add one slice of cheddar cheese per patty.
16. Bring the bacon back to the top rack of grill to warm up.
17. Remove burgers and bacon, allow meat to rest while buns are being prepared.
18. Separate top and bottom of buns, place face down on main grill for one minute to toast. Remove when done.
19. To build the burger : place bacon directly on lower half of bun; patty on top of bacon; onion, tomato, spinach leaves, pickles on top of patty; apply 2 T. burger sauce to upper bun. Upper bun on top of pickles. Use long toothpick to secure in place if needed.