Wine Varietal: Pinot Noir
1 medium Vidalia (or sweet) onion
3 Tbl good olive oil (reserve 2 Tbl to brush on rolls)
1 Tbl unsalted butter
3 Tbl sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
1 lb ground turkey
1 large egg
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp garlic/onion grinder seasoning
1/2 cup Boursin (or any soft herb cheese)
6 Ciabatta rolls
3 Tbl fresh Italian parsley chopped
1) Slice onion in half and then thinly slice
2) Saute onion in the butter and 1 Tbl olive oil on medium-low heat for about 15 minutes until a rich, golden color – set aside to cool
3) Take 3-4 pieces of sun-dried tomatoes and give a rough chop
4) In a medium bowl, gently mix (I recommend using your hands) the sun-dried tomatoes with the next 7 ingredients, ending with the seasonings – do not overmix – chill covered in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour to firm up
5) Make 6 very thin, about 1/4″ patties and place on platter
6) With a teaspoon, take a small dollop of onions and place in center of each patty; then take a small dollop of cheese and place on top of the onion
7) Do the same with the remaining meat and place patties on top of the bottom patties. Gently press together so that onions and cheese are inside.
Spray a grill with cooking spray and get grill to a hot (400 degree) temperature.
Place patties on grill for 5 minutes the first side (do not touch)
and then flip to other side and cook for another 4 minutes.
Cut Ciabatta rolls in half and rub with remaining 2 Tbl olive oil and sprinkle with chopped parsley – toast on grill until grill marks begin to form (about 3 minutes). Remove, plate and place burgers on top.
Grillicious, juicy and healthful burgers!