Wine Varietal: Pinot Noir
The desire for a burger that is more than just a ground beef patty that focuses on the toppings, rather than a great tasting burger payyt!
1) 1.5 Lbs – 92% Lean Ground Beef
2) 1 each – Whole Egg (Beaten)
3) 2 each – Green Onions (Sliced Thin)
4) 1 cup – Plain (Unseasoned) Bread Crumbs
5) 1 T – Worcestershire Sauce
6) 1 t – Garlic Powder
7) 1T – Light Brown Sugar
8) 1t – Crushed Red Pepper
9) 1t – Fresh Ground Black Pepper
10) 2t – Iodized Salt
11) 6 each – Kaiser Rolls
12) 6 slices – Yellow American Cheese
13) 1 each – Ripe Red Tomato (Sliced)
14) 6 leafs – Green Leaf Lettuce
15) 1 each – Small Red Onion (Slices)
16) If Desired; 1T Ketchup, 1t Yellow Mustard & 1T Mayonaise (Please not Miracle Whip)
1) In a large bowl, combind ingredients #1 through #10 & mix together thuroughly by hand (if needed use food service gloves for less mess).
2) Divide “burger mix” in 6 equal parts to make 6 approximately 1/4Lb burgers. Roll each burger mix portion into a rough, round ball. Place each ball between a sheets of waxed paper (approximately 6″ x 6″). Press the burger mix balls to form a patty approximately 1/2″ thick.
3) Cook burgers, to desired temperature/doneness on an outdoor grill (charcoal is prefered) or if weather does not permit, use a household “grill pan” over medium-high heat.
4) Warm Kaiser Rolls, wrapped in aluminum foil, on top rack of grill or in toaster or conventional oven on low temperature for approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
5) Top each burger with a slice of american cheese, a leaf of lettuce, a slice of tomato, a thin red onion & Ketchup, yellow mustard and/or mayonaise if desired.
6) Serve and enjoy!