Wine Varietal: Pinot Noir
5 oz. pancetta, chopped fine
6 hamburger buns.
3 Tbsp butter
1 small onion, chopped medium
1 Tbsp butter
1 8 oz can baked beans
11/2 lb 85% ground beef, seasoned with ½ tsp salt and ¼ pepper
1 small onions, chopped fine
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
3 egg whites
3 Tbsp vegetable oil, for grill
6 oz. smoky barbeques sauce
6 slices of American cheese
6 Tbsp ketchup, for topping
12 slices bacon, cooked
1. Preheat grill to high
2. Mix pancetta in a 4-quart saucepan and sauté on the grill until browned, remove from pan and set aside.
3. Butter 6 buns and grill until lightly toasted. Set aside.
4. Add butter and medium chopped onion to sauce pan and sautéed until onion is browned.
5. Add can of baked beans to saucepan and heat until bubbling, remove and set aside.
6. In a medium bowl, mix beef with finely chopped onion, breadcrumbs, pancetta and egg whites.
7. Brush vegetable oil on grill.
8. Grill burgers 2-1/2 minutes each side, basting with a smoky barbeque sauce.
9. Add cheese to burger and melt slightly.
10. Remove from grill and place on bun, topped with 2 bacon slices, top burger with cooled (still slightly warm, or room temp) baked beans and ketchup.