Wine Varietal: Pinot Noir
2 lbs. of 93 percent Lean Ground Beef
1 Tablespoon of Old Bay Seasoning
4 Tablespoons of Butter at room temperature
10 oz. lump Chesapeake Blue Crab Meat
3 chopped green onions (only the green parts)
1 teaspoon of Double Ground Superfine Mustard
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup of mayonnaise
5 – 6 drops of Tabasco Chipotle Sauce (or to taste)
6 Sandwich Size Thomas English Muffins
1. Preheat a gas grill to 450 degrees or medium high heat.
2. Combine the Ground Beef, 1 Tablespoon of Old Bay Seasoning, and butter in a large bowl. Mix gently with thoroughly washed hands until the butter is mixed throughout the meat. Divide the meat mixture into 6 even servings (about 1/3 lb each).
3. In another bowl, combine the crab meat, the green onions, mustard, salt, pepper, and olive oil and mix gently.
4. Pour the crab mixture onto one large sheet of aluminum foil and fold the sheet over the mixture and crimp the edges until sealed.
5. In a third small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and Tabasco Chipotle until the sauce is pink.
6. Place the burgers and the wrapped crab onto the grill and close the grill for 5 minutes. Open the grill and flip the burgers. Be careful not to smash the burgers. Cook for five more minutes with the grill open and remove from the grill.
7. Remove the crab mixture from the grill (total of 10 minutes on the grill) and open it immediately to allow for cooling.
8. While the burgers are cooking, split the English Muffins. Place the English Muffins facedown on the grill and leave the grill open. Cook muffins until lightly toasted (about five minutes).
9. Liberally spread the mayo mixture onto the bottom half of the English Muffin. Place one burger on the bottom half of the muffin. Top with the crab mixture and the other half of the English Muffin. Enjoy!