Wine Varietal: Chenin Blanc
My inspiration to make these mouth-watering delicious burgers stems from being frugal. Less fattening and less expensive than a wing this recipe does the trick!
1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Â¼ tsp. ground pepper
Â¼ tsp. ground clove
Â½ cup celery diced fine
Â½ cup sweet onion chopped into 1/3 inch pieces
1 cup red & green sweet bell peppers chopped into 1/3 inch pieces
1 Â½ cup fresh peaches peeled, pitted and chopped into 1/3 inch pieces
3 tbsp. garlic fresh crushed
1 cup sweet basil fresh, packed tightly and chopped
Â¼ cup cilantro fresh, packed tightly and chopped
1 cup Sutter Home Chardonnay Wine
2 lbs. chicken breast ground
1/3 lb. Danish blue cheese block
8 oz. wing sauce of your choice
2 tsp. Tabasco Brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
6 slices provolone cheese
1 cup sour cream
6 tbsp. butter softened
6 pack hearty bulkie sandwich rolls
1. Preheat the closed grill to high heat and clean. Leave lid closed.
2. In an 8 inch cast iron frying pan or something slightly larger add 1/3 cup olive oil, pepper, clove, celery, onion, pepper, peaches, garlic, basil and cilantro. Place on grill when it reached about 500 degrees and cook 10 minutes with the grill lid closed, stirring at 5, 8 ,10 minute mark and a few times throughout.
3. Handle meat as little as possible. Prepare by separating ground chicken into 12 pieces. Six pieces will be approximately 2/3rd burger size and six pieces will be 1/3 burger size. Take the six 2/3rd pattie pieces and drop them on a clean work surface. Push 1 heaping tablespoon blue cheese gently into the center of each. Place remaining 1/3 bit of chicken on top and firm burger together leaving no blue cheese exposed.
4. Coat palms of hands with 1 tbsp. olive oil and rub gently on the outer surface of each burger.
5. In a medium bowl mix Chipotle and wing sauce. Coat one side burger with it and place burger on the high heated grill. Coat the top side of burger with sauce too. Leave grill open and cook 6 minutes.
6. In a medium bowl mix 1 tbsp. olive oil, sour cream and remaining blue cheese (crumbled) and mix.
7. Flip burgers and add provolone cheese to top of each. Continue cooking 5 more minutes. Remove the burgers to allow to rest.
8. Butter each center side of bulkie roll and place butter side down on the grill. Cook each about two minutes until golden and slightly crispy.
9. Serve each burger on a toasted roll with 1/3 cup chutney and Â¼ cup blue cheese dressing on each.
10.Offer an additional tbsp. of wing sauce to each to adjust to hot flavor level of individual.