You know when guests show up at your house, whether it’s for a holiday party, birthday party, or simply a good food, good wine and good-time get-together they always seem to end up at the appetizer table, and the more delicious apps you have, the wider their eyes and smile get? Admit it. You feel a sense of pride when you see that, knowing you’ve made folks very happy. Well, Cyd Converse, who’s one of our favorite home entertainment expert bloggers and founder of the “Sweetest Occasion” knows a thing or two about bringing people together over good food and good drink. In fact, her recipe for Mac & Cheese-Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers was such a hit when she hosted her own Sutter Home Day at her home, we just had to share it. If the name of it alone is making your mouth water, we totally get it.
- 12 fresh jalapeños
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- diced chives
- Cut jalapeños in half lengthwise, then deseed and devein.
- Cook elbow macaroni in boiling water for 4 minutes, then remove and drain.
- Transfer elbow macaroni to a slow cooker, add butter, cheese, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Mix just to combine, then cook on low heat for 2 hours.