Welcome summer home with this recipe for Lemon Yogurt Cake, fresh from our Sutter Home Kitchen Series. No one can resist this zesty, lemony, yogurty, de-light-fully fluffy treat that pairs perfectly with morning coffee, and delicious afternoons with Pinot Grigio. To top it all off, add fresh berries and whipped cream. Take a bite out of summer with our Lemon Yogurt Cake.
How to prepare.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 2 cups lemon yogurt (do not use non-fat yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder
- In a bowl, beat eggs, then add sugar and butter and beat until fluffy
- Mix the lemon juice with the yogurt
- Add the flour to egg and sugar mixture alternately with the lemon yogurt mixture, ending with yogurt
- Spoon into prepared Bundt pan and bake at 325° for 50 to 60 minutes
- Cool briefly in pan, about 15 or so minutes, then turn out on rack and cool completely before slicing.
Serves 12 to 24 slices.