It’s the official start of football season, and we’ve found the perfect recipe to make your tailgate a touchdown. These Merlot Meatballs are so savory and delicious, everyone will be cheering for the game to start, whether they are a football fan or not.
Bring your team of meat and wine lovers because this is a feast you are going to want to share.
Serves: 50 meatballs
- 1 (26 oz.) bag of bite-sized Italian or Swedish meatballs
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Sutter Home Merlot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- 10 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. water
- Put the meatballs in the slow cooker and set on low heat to thaw them.
- Add balsamic vinegar, Merlot, garlic, soy sauce, and honey to a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Once the saucepan comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the butter to the mixture, stirring continuously to thicken as the butter melts.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cornstarch and water until the starch completely dissolves
- Stir the cornstarch and water mixture into the sauce.
Cook the sauce for another 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour sauce over the meatballs in the slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 1½-2 hours, or until meatballs reach an internal temperature of at least 160 F.
Try adding these for a sweet treat.